Are you facing a platform migration or upgrade in your organization? Whether it’s a move to the cloud, an upgrade to OpenEdge 12, or a transition to a new hardware platform, platform migrations can be complex and challenging. But with the right strategies, tools, and resources, you can ensure a smooth and successful transition.
In this presentation, we’ll share our real-world experience and provide you with a step-by-step guide to mastering platform migrations. You’ll learn the key considerations involved in a successful OpenEdge platform migration, including how to:
- Assess your current/planned environment for OE gotchas/limitations
- Evaluate prospective platforms for OE: CPU, IO, known best platform configurations
- Plan your database migration strategy, including D&L strategies (Type 2 Areas, CDC, pre-dump, before and after counts, etc)
- Schedule your migration to fit into your production outage window
- Test your migration strategy thoroughly to ensure success
- We’ll also cover common challenges that organizations may encounter during the migration process and provide solutions for addressing these challenges.